Curved Rim Striping
Product information Curved Rim striping
This curved rim striping has the same shape as the rim. It is easy to apply, for there is no need to remove the wheel! It is not printed on white or transparent film, all striping is actually cut out of a colored film. This method provides a very professional look. Have a look at our color report for an overview of photos of all available colors.
17 inch rims are most common among motorcycles. Does your motorcycle have a different size rim, and do you want curved rim striping? We will create them for you! Some motorcycles, like Honda Fireblade, have two different wheel sizes (e.g. 16 and 17 inch). When this is the case for your motorcycle, please note this in the comments when you place your order. We will create rim striping that fits your motorcycle perfectly.
If you want, we will send the rim stripes in an envelope. That saves you money on shipping costs! Do you have questions about this product? Please contact us.
Application instructions Curved Rim striping
- Place the motorcycle onto paddock stands, so the wheels can rotate freely.
- Degrease the rims with a soft cloth. Remove any dust or grease.
- Cut the parts of the striping with a sharp pair of scissors.
- Add a few drops of washing up liquid to 1 liter water.
- Before applying the stripes, spray a thin layer of water onto the edge of the rim. When you do this, you are able to re-apply the stripes. The striping won’t adhere to the rim before the water is evaporated.
- Remove the paper from the stripes one by one, and apply them to the rim. Re-apply the stripes until it is in sync with the radius of the wheel (this creates the best result).
- Don’t pull on the striping too strongly. The thinner the stripe, the easier it changes shape.
- Cut the striping at the end. Both applying the ends of the striping close to each other and applying one end over the other is possible. Make sure the stripes do not overlap more than 1 centimeter.
- Take a few steps back, have a look at you motorcycle and enjoy the fantastic result!
Warning! When you use this water method, wait a few hours before riding your motorcycle. It takes some time for the water to evaporate through the porous striping. The motorcycle can be again washed after 5 days.
Tip to improve adhesion: directly after applying the striping, shortly heat it with a heat gun or hair dryer.
Instruction Video Curved Rim striping
Unfortunately, there is no instruction video available for the curved rim striping.